(Let's try to ignore the fact that this blog post is being published 4 months after his actual birthday...I'll be stating his stats and milestones as they were on his actual birthday.)
At 12 months old, Zachary:
- Weighs 20 lbs 12 oz, which is in the 40th percentile! He jumped 15% from three months ago! (That's because we let him go to bed with his bottle, and he eats a whole lot more that way...but we're working on replacing his bedtime formula bottle with a water bottle so his teeth don't rot out.)
- Measures 29.75 inches, which is in the 45th percentile! That's a 13% jump from three months ago! That's also just a quarter of an inch away from his infant car seat's max height, so two days after his birthday we put him in a rear-facing convertible car seat.
- Has a head in the 71st percentile.
- As of his birthday, wears size 12 months clothes. These are the same clothes that Caleb and Russell wore when they turned 2! That's because Zach weighs almost as much as they did when they turned 2! That's crazy to me!
- Uses walking as a way to get around over 50 percent of the time. He began walking at 11 months, and was a pro by one week after he turned 1. Caleb and Russ were 16.5 months and 15.5 months old when they started walking, so this is also crazy to me!
- Can finally slide backwards down the stairs.
- Has six teeth (four on top and two on bottom).
- Says one word--Uh oh. And he says it all of the time, at the appropriate time.
- Loves eating lots of things. But he loves fruits the most, so we have to give them to him after he's eaten other things, or else he will eat nothing but fruit. He's got his momma's sweet tooth. ;)
- Is a super sleeper. He continues to sleep 11 hours each night, and when he wakes up he drinks a bottle and goes straight back to bed for another hour or more. His morning naps are hit and miss, but he almost always sleeps for at least 3 cumulative hours during the day.
- LOVES any and all animals.
- Is seriously easy to make laugh. The kid has a laugh bubbling up inside of him at all times, waiting to get out. Since a very young age, he has thought having me "eat" his hands and feet was the funniest thing ever, and he still thinks so!
- Enjoys playing with balls and cars most. There are a few chewy toys that he adores, too. His brothers at this age always got tired of toys after playing with them for a few days, but the more Zach plays with toys, the more he seems to like them.
- Sleeps with a little bear head/blanket thingy that we call "Buddy Bear." He loves seeing Buddy and hugging him close when he lays down in his crib.
- Plays well with his brothers and really enjoys interacting and observing other people.
- Is clearly attached to his family, but still isn't afraid to leave us and meet new people.
- Is sweet and spunky and adored by all. He is the perfect addition to our family and we are so glad that God blessed us with him!