Friday, October 22, 2010

Another trip to the land of pure happiness

The Kid and I went to the Northwoods again--this time we went because my twin, JB, was coming home from an 18-month, full-time mission for our church. JB missed out on a lot these last 18 months. I wasn't even pregnant when she left, and when she got back, I had an 11-month-old!

The Boy stayed home so he could work and take care of the critters. We missed him. A lot.

Here is documentation of what happened:

The Kid and I met JB in the Minneapolis airport so we could share a layover and take the flight home together. Here we are at home, with one of our BFFs, Beth. As you can see, The Kid was very happy.We had a homecoming party for JB
We had a pumpkin party for the kids. Here is my Kid with two pumpkins! (The cat's name is pumpkin.) He absolutely LOVED that cat. I'm convinced now that he needs one of his own.
He also loved the leaves. And check it out--if we had hallowed that pumpkin out, he could have fit inside of it! And it wasn't even the biggest one in the pumpkin patch!
Us in the pumpkin patch (with my dad in the background). This was after most of the good pumpkins got taken out, too!
The ponies wanted in on the pumpkin party. See the one on the left? The buckskin? I went on a 3-hour trail ride with her. It was heaven.
Auntie JB made these adorable hot dog mummies for the pumpkin party.
The Kid had his first bath in a REAL tub! He shared it with his cousin, The Busy Bee, who is only three months older than him and about ten pounds bigger.
He had lots of Nana cuddle time.
The Kid went on his first mall ride with his cousin, code-named Candace. He LOVED it!
We had a play date with some friends.
Three beautiful miracle babies.

It was a wonderful trip. It wasn't hot like it was in July, and although it was cold, it wasn't too bad yet. The Kid decided, though, to go on a hunger strike. Most days he would only eat about 15 ounces. It became a waste to even try to get him to eat solids, so I would just put baby cereal in his bottles to beef them up a bit. The only thing that he would eat willingly was munchy snacks. I got so worried about it that I took him to a doctor there. I was hoping he had an ear infection, so we could take care of it and be done with it. But no. She said it's got to be a preemie thing, and to keep doing what I'm doing. Nice. Whatever I was doing, it obviously wasn't working. I even tried orajel and gripe water. And I switched him to the most expensive, most sensitive formula they make. So, I guess keep letting him starve? Keep stressing?

Well, The Kid got two more teeth on the bottom on Wednesday and on Thursday (the day we flew home) he ate a lot more. The Boy even got him to eat solids. It was amazing. Let's pray it continues to get better. But, if teething makes him not want to eat, what's going to happen when he gets molars? I don't even want to think about it.

And on top of that...I'm sick. Super, nasty, miserably sick. I'm pretty sure my immune system is weaker than The Kid's. Let it be known: if you come to my house today, I WILL be in my pajamas. Don't judge.


*Alice Anne* said...

I don't think I've seen your twin before! Twins are awesome. Awesome blossom.

Sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon!

A Close Family said...

Oh, he's so dang cute! I'm so glad you and he are doing so well!!! And thanks for your comments...they make me happy :)!