Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Russell's first taste of solid foods!

Yes, we gave our little 6-month-old his first solid foods yesterday!  Rice baby cereal with formula.  Yum yum.

This is the "before" picture:
"WHY ARE YOU NOT FEEDING ME RIGHT NOW???  CAN'T YOU SEE I'M ABOUT TO DIE!!!!"

This is the "after" picture:
"Mmmm.  A full belly and feeling good!"


This is a video of the first bite:

This is a video of how the rest of it went:

He ate 2 tablespoons of dry rice cereal mixed with 2 ounces of formula!

And he loved it!  Holy cow, I have a kid who enjoys food!  It all seemed so unreal....

Until I saw this this afternoon (on both legs):
Eczema, anyone?  This is exactly what happened when we started Caleb on solid foods.  (By the way, it's much worse in real life than it is in the picture.)

If this is food allergies, that's right up my alley.

And in all of my worst nightmares.

4 comments:

Nana said...

Yay! for the eating, Oh NO! for the allergies.

Katie Groneman said...

I love how he uses his hands to help you shovel it in! Hope he doesn't have the allergies... maybe it's just a coincidence...

marco louis said...

cute !

Valerie Hill said...

My first impression is that the location suggests food allergies to me. Thats where Gavin got his, back of legs, and in the creases of his elbows...then it would grow from there. I'm sorry if it turns out the food is a problem...its so discouraging. But I hope all turns out well :)