Friday, November 14, 2014

Happy Halloween!

We happened to be at Costco when their Halloween costumes had just hit the racks.  When Caleb fell for the fireman costume, I asked Russ if he wanted to be a dalmation, like Duke (our next door neighbor's dog).  He jumped on the idea.  I love that my kids are still young enough to be persuaded to wear coordinating costumes.  I think it's adorable.  But I couldn't find a decent dalmation costume to buy, so I had to sew one.

Good thing I was on a roll and made it two months early!  When that morning sickness stuff hit there was no such thing as productivity.

I used some well-fitting pajamas as a template and whipped it up in no time!  It's far from perfect (only the second zipper I've ever sewn), but it did the trick with no complaints.  :)

I must say, these two were a pretty adorable duo!


No comments: