Thursday, July 23, 2015

Zachary is 2 months old!

I can't believe it's been 2 months already!  They've gone so fast and have been surprisingly enjoyable.  :)

At 2 months old, Zachary:

  • Weighs 9lbs 14oz.  That's in the 4th percentile, which is right where he was at his 2 week appointment (when he weighed 6lbs 14oz), which means he's gaining the perfect amount of weight to stay on his curve!  That means he's got healthy weight gain!  That means he's healthy!
  • Measures 23.25 inches long, which is in the 61st percentile!  That's up from his 2-week appointment, when he was 20.5 inches and in the 42nd percentile.  That means he's jumping percentiles!  That means he's growing great!  I don't believe I've ever had a kid so high on the curve!  That's just amazing to me!
  • Has a head in the 38th percentile, which is exactly where it was at 2 weeks as well.
  • Takes a bottle at every feeding, usually 3-4 ounces (which is why he's growing so well!).  The other day we left him with Grandma and Grandpa while we went to a wedding out of town.  In 8 hours he drank 12 ounces of milk, and I pumped 2.5 ounces.  I still nurse him before most feedings, but I'm trying to phase it out a little.  I feel like I feed him all day long (nursing takes forever, since my milk doesn't just flow out so easily).  But it's emotionally hard to think about not nursing him.  I don't know why.  I'm perfectly justified in stopping.  I just wish it worked out differently, so I'm trying to hang on or something.  But I've gotta say, it's nice being able to leave him for a few hours without thinking about his next feeding!
  • Drinks donor milk!  I was fortunate enough to have three amazing people offer to donate their milk for Zach since I obviously can't make enough and formula gave him a tummy ache.  He's been drinking it for a little over a month now, and we have enough for probably two more months!  After that I just hope he can handle formula a little better, since his digestive system will be a little more mature.
  • Has slept 6-7.5 hours at night a handful of times, but usually sleeps 4 hours.
  • Is starting to take naps in his crib, but has a hard time falling asleep on his own if he's not on his tummy.
  • Is spending more time awake and aware of his surroundings.
  • Loves flashing a giant smile for his favorite people.
  • Tries often to "talk" and coo.  It's the sweetest thing!
  • Loves listening to music from his swing mobile.
  • Is a big fan on things that move and make sounds in general (like his baby play mat thingy).
  • Only wants to take his binky when he's tired and hungry at the same time.  That's totally ok with me.  ;)
  • Is extremely tolerant of his brothers, who obsess over him!  You can often hear Russell say, "I love that guy!  That guy right there!  I'm going to eat him up!  Num, num, num, num."  They also love to help feed him his bottle.
  • Doesn't have any rashes, bloating, diarrhea, colic, excessive spit-up, etc.  He has a little mucus in his poop, but I'm hoping that's not food-related and it's something that will just go away as he matures.  He's by far the healthiest baby I've ever had, and I just can't believe it!  Even though he's still pretty small, he just feels more solid and soft (as opposed to scrawny and sickly, like Caleb and Russ were).  It's a dream come true!  
Here are some of Zach's cute expressions:






No comments: