Monday, January 21, 2013

My baby's first birthday party!

We had a cute little Monster party for my cute little monster just before his birthday.  I didn't get any pictures of him opening his presents...I was trying to take in the moment.  ;)  But here are some pictures and videos of the rest of it:

Monster cake with cake pop eyeballs.  Only friendly monsters were welcome at this first birthday party.  ;)

 He's not so sure about this....

Falling apart....

Real mean trick, Mom.  What were you thinking, putting a cake in front of me??


We put the little white chocolate "monster teeth" in his mouth, and he enjoyed them.  Kind of.


He thought about enjoying the frosting.


But in the end he was quite offended at the sight of that cake on his tray.


So we tried giving him a much less overwhelming "slice" instead of the whole monster.  He took a few tastes and thought they were all right.

Eventually he ended up crying until we wiped off his hands and gave him some crackers.

Hey, it's his birthday...I suppose he just wanted to cry.

At least he was cute and happy in this one-of-a-kind monster onesie that I made.

2 comments:

*Alice Anne* said...

Awwww! Very cute cake and very cute onesie!

MeganandClaudy said...

Did you make that cake? I LOVE it. So sad we missed it!!