Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stuff

*

Caleb prefers to eat the crust off of bread, the skin off of potatoes, and the burnt pieces off of meat and grilled veggies.

*

When Russ goes #2, he kindly tells me, "Mom, can you leave?"  He likes privacy in the bathroom.

*

Ever since Meggie died, every time I make a noise (chuckle, sniff, sigh, etc.), Caleb asks me if I'm crying.  He's turning into a sensitive, sweet boy.  I also mentioned once how he left his feeding backpack on the floor by the bed, and every time I walked past it I had to take a second look because I thought it was Meggie sleeping there (that was where she would sleep at night).  So he said, "Maybe from now on I should leave it in my room so it doesn't make you sad."  His sweet hugs got me through some rough days.  What would I do without that kid?

*

Many times now, Russ has said, "Mom, I LOVE YOU!  So can I have a skittle??"  Keep up with developing the art of flattery, Kid.  It will serve you well!

*

Every single night, Russell lays his head on my shoulder (or Nate's, depending on who's putting him to bed) and requests his two favorite songs:  Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I Am a Child of God.  

*

We got some new colorful plates, cups, and utensils from Ikea.  The boys like claiming which color they want at each meal (they can only pick out of the ones I take off of the top of the stack).  Caleb has quickly learned that Russell's favorite is orange, so now of course that's Caleb's favorite, too.  When Caleb and Russ claim the same plate, Russ almost always ends up changing his mind so as to avoid a fight.  How is my 2-year-old so mature??

*

Caleb's favorite movie is Milo and Otis (which he pronounces Milis and Otis).  He would watch it 20x a day if he could.

*

In Russell's prayers, he always has to thank God for animals.  It usually goes something like this: "Dear Heavny Father, thank dee for Mommy, Daddy, Caleb, animals, Auntie Jessica, Mommy, Caleb, Daddy, giraffes, elephants, Jesus, Amen."  [Auntie Jessica is my sister-in-law and her dad passed away unexpectedly almost two months ago and my boys still remember her in every single prayer.]

*

Russell is in the habit of putting his shoes in the coat closet as soon as he walks in the door.  That way, he's able to find them easily when he needs them later.  Caleb is the opposite.  He will often kick a shoe off as he's walking to another room, only to kick the second shoe off in the next room.  It takes us forever to find his shoes when we need to go somewhere!  How are two brothers so completely opposite?!

*

When Caleb is in preschool, once a week Russell and I like to go on a lunch date together, which is something we are rarely able to do with Caleb because of all of his food restrictions.  He is so good in restaurants!  He always says thank you to the server, and asks for whatever he needs ("Can I have some water, please?")  And he's a pro at flirting with waitresses, even telling me as she's walking away and still in earshot, "She's so cute!"

*

Caleb loves to match Russell.  Caleb usually gets dressed before Russ, but if I dress Russ in something that Caleb has a same-colored shirt or a matching shirt for, Caleb will go back to his room and change so he can match his brother.  He even does it to match me sometimes.

*

Russell pronounces most things very clearly and properly, but he calls balloons "bum-a-woons."  It's adorable.

*

When Nate told Caleb that Taysom Hill (BYU's quarterback) broke his leg, Caleb said, "Aww, nuts.  That's not good.  At least we still have Jimmer."

*

Russell will often ask a person's name (the checker at the store, the doctor, etc).  When they say their name, "My name is Dave,"  Russ replies in his goofy voice, "That's a funny name!"

*

I was getting out of the shower and Caleb was talking to me from the other side of the door.  He said, "Are you going to wear the towel on your head?  Because I think you're cute with the towel on your head."  Then when I got dressed and came out with the towel on my head, I asked him if I was cute.  He said, "You have to smile...[I smiled]...THERE!  Just like that!  You look cute with a towel on your head and a smile!"

*

Auntie JB was visiting and Russ said, "I have to tell Auntie something."  I said, "You know she's in the shower, right?"  Meaning, uh, you'll have to wait until she gets out of the shower.  He said, "Yeah." and went upstairs.  I later find out that he walked right in on Auntie JB in the shower, pulled back the shower curtain, and said, "Auntie Jenna, I love you."  It was that important that it couldn't wait.

*

1 comment:

Alice Anne said...

LOL. I love it all. :)