Thursday, July 29, 2010

I can't believe I'm actually blogging about this...

But you do weird things as a first-time mom. Or maybe it's because I'm the mom of a preemie. Who knows. But here it is.


The Kid...



...Can now...



...POOP!



All by himself! I'm so proud. All this time we've been depending on suppositories. But some time in the last two weeks or so, The Kid has started to genuinely poop all by himself. I'm talkin' real, red-in-the-face, grunting pooping.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's to celebrate the small accomplishments.

And that all bad things must end. I won't miss administering those suppositories.

2 comments:

Cathy Givans said...

You'll find yourself talking poop, puke, nosebleeds, and any other genuinely disgusting bodily functions as time passes by. It's a mom thing. Eventually, you won't even bat an eye. You might even make someone lose their lunch someday. You get kind of numb to the idea that it grosses other people out after a while. I have five kids, so I have talked a lot of crap....literally!

Heather said...

Thank you for not including a picture in this post ;)