At 9 months, The Kid:
- Weighs exactly 12 lbs 15.5 oz (with a dry diaper on)! That's in the 10th percentile, and 10 lbs 8.5 oz bigger than his birth weight.
- Measures 25.25 inches! Also in the 10th percentile, that's 11.25 inches longer than his birth length.
- Has a head circumference in the 50th percentile.
- Has three teeth! Two on the bottom, and one big one on the top left. We call that one his "hobo tooth."
- Is proficient at rolling from his back to his tummy in both directions (but not yet from his tummy to his back).
- Sleeps on his tummy at night and for naps.
This is how I found him on two separate mornings. Funny kid.
- Can sit unassisted (!) for a few minutes at a time if he is in the grass and for a good 10-20 seconds if on a thick blanket. The PT says that head control and the ability to sit up are the two biggest predicting factors in whether or not a child will be able to walk some day. That's a big deal for a baby with brain bleeds!
- Has eaten (and loves) biter biscuits, saltine crackers, and graham crackers. And today he ate one cheerio. I couldn't tell if he loved it or not.
- Is still wearing size 1 diapers. I look forward to switching to size 2 some time in the next month.
- Consumes about 20 oz of milk each day from the bottle and mixed in his cereal.
- Eats an average of 1.5 jars of fruits/veggies (with about 3 tbs. of rice cereal mixed in) every afternoon.
- Eats an average of 6 tbs. of oatmeal cereal every evening.
- Loves, LoVeS, LOVES his dog, Meggie! He stares at her, reaches for her, and loves to run his fingers through her hair. Although, sometimes he loves to grab a clump of hair. Meggie is such a good sport.
- ALWAYS wants to grab his Mommy's hair to hold in his hand while he sucks his thumb. It's adorable. I'm just glad I have long hair, or it would hurt more.