Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lots of random thoughts bouncing around inside of my head....

One day Caleb walked past Russell, whose hands were in fists, and gave him "pounds."

*

Why oh why do some kids fight sleep so much?

*

I have grown to love nursing my baby. I especially love when I change his diaper in the middle of a feeding to wake him up a bit, and his eyes flutter awake...he looks at me and gives me the best sleepy grin in the world. He loves me. :)

*

Remember Caleb's Hungry Leg? (The last video on the post.) Well, Russell has one now, too! I'd take a video, but The Leg doesn't get going until I put him on the nursing pillow on my lap, just before he starts to nurse. So you'd have to catch me with my shirt up. And that's not going to happen. But, I love the hungry leg. :)

*

Caleb had a little scab on his wrist and the other day he said, "I take the owie off?"

*

Caleb loves to spot LDS Temples and Churches while on car rides. There's a cute little children's song about temples and Caleb often requests that we sing it. A few days ago, I heard him sing, "I yove to see da temple..." and then, "for da temple is a house of God...." I'm so proud!

*

Caleb is still rear-facing in his car seat (and will be for as long as possible!), and no one can tell me that rear-facing kids don't see as much. Caleb sees EVERYTHING! We talk a LOT while driving. He tells me every time he sees something...a leaf, a bird, a farm, a big truck, a tractor (aka, construction vehicles), a school bus, a horse, a cow, a bike....The thing that he most commonly points out is basketball hoops, believe it or not. "I see a basketball hoop ober dere (over there)!" (Said with great, nay, extreme enthusiasm. And repeated until he gets acknowledged.)

*

One word that Caleb uses every few days is "mamenos." I have no idea what it means. (Nate just asked Caleb where the mamenos went, and Caleb said, "In the kitchen." Now he's looking through the pantry. Maybe it's something in there....)

*

Since Caleb could say the word "monkey" (about a year ago, I'd say), he has identified the Kool Aid pitcher man as a monkey. He gets very excited when he finds the Kool Aid packets in the pantry, exclaiming, "I found a monkey!" Don't ask me way.kool-aid powder

*

Four consecutive hours of sleep feels amazing after three months of two to three hours of sleep in a row.

*

The most disgusting thing that I can currently think of is when a baby spits up on you while eating. I'm talkin' breastfeeding here, people. Gross.

*

One day, shortly after putting Caleb down for his nap, we heard a very terrified cry on the monitor. Nate rushed up to see what was wrong and found Caleb standing there with his hand covered in poop, saying, "Poo-poo hand!" with tears in his eyes. The pointer finger on his other hand had a spot of poop on it. I can imagine what was going through Caleb's mind. He had pooped in his diaper and, out of curiosity, put his hand down his pants to see what was going on. Upon seeing stinky brown stuff on his hand, he gently examined it with the other hand before figuring out that it was...POOP! At which point he cried hysterically until Daddy came to the rescue. I mean, poop is yucky! I'm glad that he didn't think it was paint that belonged on the wall. That would have been yucky.

*

When asked by Grandma and Grandpa who his friends in the Church nursery are, Caleb responded, "Lily...James...then Daddy clean up frow up." Yes, yes, Daddy cleans up throw up every week in nursery. Sad, isn't it?

*

We bought our plane tickets to Disney World next month. WOOHOO!

*

A retired linguist selling Forever Sharp knives in WalMart the other day commented on Caleb's vocal skills. He was very impressed and told me to teach Caleb how to read right away. "Don't waste that!" he said, over and over. I bought his knives. Yesterday I was using one of the knives to slice an avocado. I was two thirds of the way through the pit before I realized that I was cutting something hard. Those knives are amazing. So is Caleb.

*

Caleb is very observant. He hears every plane that's flying in the sky whenever he's outside, and he must point it out. "I hear a airplane! [Looking around.] Ober dere! I see a airplane way up dere!" (I think it's about time he learn the proper use of "an.") Just about when you think he's done talking about airplanes, he says, "Dandad [Granddad] flies airplanes." It's true. Smart kid.

*

When Russell is hungry, he breathes very fast through his nose before he starts to cry. I wouldn't be surprised if he hyperventilated some day.

*

When Russell cries, Caleb says, "Don't cry, Baby Russell. Don't be sad, Baby Russell."

*

The other day, we were going on a little drive just for fun, so we brought Meggie with us. She was on the floor in the back seat and for some reason she yelped. Caleb said, "Don't be sad, Meggie Doggie."

*

One of Caleb's most commonly uttered phrases is: "I need help, Mommy." Is he really two?

*

A lot of the words that start with "s" Caleb pronounces with an "f." We take advantage of that for immature purposes. "What store did we go to that has all of the animals?" "Pet Fart!" "Is Daddy smart?" "Daddy fart." "Is Caleb smart?" "Cay-bid fart." lol Makes me laugh every time!

*


1 comment:

brenkachicka said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time! LOVE this post!