Sunday, September 12, 2010

Has it really been 10 months?

Yes, my child is a whopping ten months old. It's been a bit of a big month, too!

At 10 months, The Kid:
  • FINALLY wears size two diapers. (He wore size one for about seven months!)
His first diaper, the pre-pre-preemie size, and a size two.
  • Is barely starting to outgrow size 0-3 month clothes.
  • Is somewhere in the 13-pound range.
  • Is very good at rolling around to get what he wants.
  • Can sit up unassisted rather well (and reach for toys) for about one minute at most.
  • Consumes about 20 ounces of milk, one stage two jar of baby food, many crackers and cheerios, and 8-10 tablespoons of cereal per day.
  • Nurses for 10-15 minutes every morning, but not at any other time during the day.
  • Sips water from a big-boy cup (but doesn't like it much).
  • Can use his thumb and pointer finger to pick up small items, such as cheerios. This, apparently, is a very advanced skill for such a young baby (not 10 months, though...7 months). I'm fairly certain that he doesn't have cerebral palsy. Truly amazing.
  • No longer wants to take a bottle for anyone but me. I know it hurts The Boy's feelings, but I think I get the short end of the stick. I hope it's just this week's phase.
  • Loves it most when his mommy sings and his daddy whistles.
  • Sleeps on his knees with his bum up in the air and his arms under him.
  • Is bored with all of his toys.
  • No longer qualifies for early intervention services!!! He is completely caught up to where a 7-month-old should be. The therapist said that they hardly ever see that in a baby as young a The Kid who was born so early. Hopefully he never needs them again, but I won't count on that when he starts school.
  • Is getting hard to photograph. He just wants to roll around.
Then
Now

Then
Now

Then
Now

5 comments:

Nana said...

What a miracle the kid is! And how excited I am to see him next month!

Katie B said...

What a kid! He's so impressive. I also love that our boys have each other's half birthday. Kids are just so great.

*Alice Anne* said...

OMG! I can't handle the cuteness of it all!

Ellie said...

I LOVE the pictures with your hand by his head! They are so precious!

Patrick, Adrienne, & Bella said...

he is SOOO cute! he is totally going to be a lady's/ladies' man!