Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good bye, old friend, we shall not miss you

When The Kid was discharged from the hospital, he had to come home with an apnea/heart monitor. I was under the impression that it was only because he had the NG tube "blocking an airway." But that first month the monitor alarmed once, maybe twice. "Abnormal," the doctors said. He needed to be monitored for another month. That month it alarmed half a dozen times, about, so they said that he needed it again. The next month--same thing. By that time, The Doc said that he only needed it at night, because Mom is the best monitor. :)

This past month...no alarms. Saturday...no monitor. The Home Health suppliers came and took it away! HOORAY! Our child can now wear zip-up jammies! The Kid has never in his life been as close to "normal" as he is now!

Ah, sweet freedom.

1 comment:

brenkachicka said...

I love that picture!
Yay for wire free babies! (I myself hated being hooked up to stuff in the hospital when I had my surgery. I bet the ICU nurse spent the majority of her time making sure all the hook ups were in place. And then the holter monitor and the event monitor... blech!)