Saturday, March 26, 2011

I've been getting to know the washer and dryer very well lately.

Sometimes it's really hard to be Caleb's mom. It's always worth it, and I'm sure it's harder to be Caleb himself, but man. Sometimes...it's just really, really hard.

March: 5, 6, 12, 13, 15, 17, 23, 24, 25 (x3), 26 (x2).

Those are the days this month that Caleb has thrown up.

So far this month, he has had two separate colds and one ear infection. I almost wonder if his vomiting is due to a flu bug. But it started in mid-February. I just don't know.

And I think there was blood in his vomit twice yesterday. But it's hard to tell.

February 16: 16 lbs 13 oz
March 14: 16 lbs 9 oz
March 25: 16 lbs 4 oz

He's lost over half of a pound in the past five weeks.

Yesterday at the doctor's office, they gave him a shot to jump-start his antibiotics for his ear infection. But they had to split it into two shots, because his legs are too scrawny to handle all of that medicine in one thigh. It was so sad.

Today he's done nothing but lay on my chest and cry.

Matthew 7: 25 (and 3 Nephi 14:25):

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock.

When Christ is your rock it doesn't mean that the winds won't blow, and the floods won't come. It means that when the storms come, you won't fall. He will hold you up. Right now there's just a
drizzle in my life, and it's starting to get a little muddy. But we'll be ok. We have a "sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall" (Helaman 5:12).

Walking Tall

3 comments:

*X and AA* said...

You were chosen to be Caleb's mama for a reason...for MANY reasons. I admire you. Keep being strong!

Heather said...

I love you guys! Wish I lived close enough to do your laundry or something useful. We'll being praying for you all.

Katie B said...

You poor guys. I just know you'll get some answers soon.

And that picture's so sweet