Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Firsts

The Kid has experienced a lot of firsts in the past week.

He went in public (other than church and the doctor's office) for the first time when we had to bring Meggie Dog to the vet.
Afterward, he went to WalMart to help me with some errands for the first time.As you can see, it tired him out.


He also slept in his crib for the first time.
He did very well. He never woke up in his bassinet, and he hasn't waken up in his crib.
We wanted to get him used to his crib while he still had his heart/apnea monitor, you know, for our own peace of mind. But, the worrying mommy that I am, I was concerned about him getting cold--but I was more concerned about him sleeping with a blanket (you know...all that safety stuff). But with the monitor, he can't wear zippered jammies because the cord would have to come out the top, which poses a strangulation hazard. Sheesh. All these hazards. So, what did my wonderful hubby do? He cut a small hole in the bottom of what we call "potato sack jammers" to put the cord through. Yup. And it works great.

Isn't he the cutest little sack'o'potatos you ever did see?

Next First: Plane ride!

1 comment:

brenkachicka said...

I love it! I also love snuggling with babies when they are in those sacks! They are just so warm and cuddly!
Next big first - plane ride!