Sunday, May 2, 2010

Math Problems

15 months of trying + 6 months of pregnancy + 100 days in the NICU = The Kid.

Last year on Mother's Day I didn't have a child and I wasn't actually pregnant. It was the cycle that I got pregnant, so maybe I was, but I didn't know it yet. This year on Mother's Day I will have a six-month-old. 12 months later, six months old. Weird. I know.

I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome when I was 18 (more on PCOS to follow...some day). I knew when The Boy and I got married that it would take us a while to have a baby. We tried for almost a year and a half, nine months of which I was on Clomid. When that joyous day arrived and I was indeed pregnant, I thought I deserved the easiest pregnancy because of how difficult it was to become pregnant. In a perfect world, that is. My world is far from perfect. After two threatened miscarriages, I thought I at least deserved the easiest labor and delivery. Well, the delivery was fine, but the circumstances were not. After that, I thought I deserved the best baby in the world. I had no idea that a baby could be as good as The Kid. Really. He is better than the best baby. And that's just his temperament! His cuteness is pretty amazing, too!

Let's just hope that next time my math problem will be a little more textbook.

He loves the camera. He won't smile at it, though. He just stares. It's really cool lookin'.

1 comment:

brenkachicka said...

Love that big eyed picture! He is so cute!