Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Disney World Vacation!: Day 5

Due to a major lack of sleep the night before, I felt like a zombie all day.  Seriously tired.  And we had to get up early to get to the Magic Kingdom.  It was rough.

But once we were there, it was wonderful!  Russell wasn't even cranky!  Caleb must be a bit of an adrenalin junkie, because he loved every single ride!  After each one he would almost cry, saying, "I wanna do it again!"  But after we told him that we were going to go do another ride, he was ok.  I've never had so much fun spoiling my child!  I wish every day could be as magical.

In line for It's a Small World.  
While we were waiting in line (for like 20 minutes) Russell had what I like to call a diaper incident.  Let's just say I'm lucky he was the only one who needed a change of clothes.  He spent the rest of the day in a sleeper. 

The magical look on Caleb's face as he saw the real-life Mickey Mouse and Minnie for the very first time!  I still tear up when I think about it.  This was most certainly my favorite part of the whole trip!

Caleb was a little hesitant to give them "tight squeezes" at first (that's what he calls hugs), but he gave Mickey a high five.  Then he gave them both tight squeezes.  And you do you know what Minnie did?  She gave him a KISS!  Caleb still talks about it to this day.  I think he's in love.

I don't think it was Russell's favorite part, however...who can appreciate Mickey Mouse when they're hungry?

The highlight of Caleb's life.

It's unreal.



Of course we had to buy him a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal to memorialize the experience.  He's pretty attached to that thing.  And his mouse ears.


He later tried to help his Mickey suck his thumb.  Too cute.


We had to get a picture with the Disney Castle.  Caleb gets so excited every time he sees the Disney Castle at the beginning of movies.  He talked about it all of the time before going there.


Then he conked.


They both did.  Caleb with his Mickey Mouse and his ears on, of course.  They both had a nice 2-hour nap.  It made the rest of the day go sooo smoothly!


Afterwards, he was happy to ride in the teacups.


And the carousel.


And the flying elephants.


And look cute.

Right after this picture was taken, Nate took Caleb to a 3D movie where "Donald Duck fall down!"  Again, Caleb still talks about it.  When they came out of the movie, Caleb no longer had his Mickey Mouse ears!  :(    They went back looking for them, but couldn't find them.  We were all heartbroken.

Then we went to the Tiki Room, where they have fake birds singing.  Russell was getting a bit cranky, so I let him gnaw on my finger.  Lo and behold...I made a great discovery!  A TOOTH!  No wonder the most sleep I got the night before happened while B. Russ was eating.

I will always remember that Russell's first tooth was discovered in the Tiki Room at Disney World.

Just before we said goodbye to the place where all of Caleb's dreams came true, we made a stop at the Lost and Found to see if someone had turned in some mouse ears.  They hadn't, but the wonderful "cast member" (yeah, it's cool but still kinda weird that they call their staff that) was sooo kind and wrote us a ticket to redeem some new mouse ears for free!  So we went to get some more before leaving, and Caleb about had a meltdown because I didn't let him get the Minnie Mouse ears instead!  That boy has a serious crush on that pretty little girly mouse!

All in all, it was a magical day.

2 comments:

Nana said...

I wish I could have seen the kids do stuff at Disney World. I was very happy to carry Russell in the morning. You have some awesome boys!

Megan said...

Oh my heavens your whole trip sounds amazing! I just want to go right now with my kiddos. I know Dayt would love it every bit as much as caleb did! I am so glad you had such a great trip and that it made magical memories!