Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's like Christmas in May!

video
"Hip Hip Hooray!  We got a blender today!"

Our first blend:  Apple juice, rice milk, and frozen peaches.  Yum!

I emailed Blendtec last week and asked if they give discounts or a refurbished blender to people who need a blender for medical reasons.  Caleb still seems to cycle between vomit-free phases and vomit-full phases, and I'm still hopeful that giving him "real" food will help with that, especially now that rice milk is on his "approved" list of foods!  Well, on Friday I got a phone call saying that they would like to donate one to us!  For FREE!  Since their offices are in Orem, I picked it up today!  Let me tell you, it was a long weekend waiting for it!

I'm excited to be able to save money by not throwing away the food that Caleb doesn't eat.  I can just pop it in the blender, press a button, and put the liquefied food through his tube!  And it's really nice that we could save the $450 that it would have cost to buy a brand new Blendtec blender.  Maybe we can put it towards refinishing the floors...or new windows....

I'm also excited to use it for soups and smoothies.  Our second blend was this:  frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, frozen peaches, honey, chia seeds, spinach, kale, apple juice, and ice.  It was yummier (and healthier!) than anything I've ever had at Jamba Juice!

So, who wants to come over for some smoothies?  Let's have a party!  (I promise I won't make you drink what we'll usually blend for Caleb: tuna fish, chicken, rice, sweet potatoes, apples, peaches, pears, rice milk, and canola oil.)  :)

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Ooooo...I'll come!!!! :). We LOVE smoothies at our house but are always wishing we had a nice blender! Someday! I'm so glad you got one for Caleb and I am still just in awe at their generosity to give you one! :) I hope it does wonders for you!! :)

Heather said...

I love Caleb's little voice saying such an adorable and happy thing!

Valerie Hill said...

What a blessing to have the blender donated! So glad that Caleb can have smoothies, they are the best!